Stephen McCune Upholstery is the South Texas expert in furniture refinishing, woodworking, and repair. Because we have the highest standards, everything is done in-house and there is not a piece of furniture that leaves our shop without the exposed wood touched up.
We specialize in:
- Dining table refinishing
- Antique Restoration
- On-site/In-home touch-up, repair, cleaning
- Leather cleaning, leather repair
- Furniture caning, repair and replacement (Pressed-in cane, Hand woven cane, Peghole caning, Rush weave, Wicker repair, Rattan repairs)
- Antique trunk restoration
- Church pews and furniture
- Custom paint finishes
- Faux finishes
- Powder coating metal
Our craftsmen can customize pieces, restore antiques, and repair loose joints. If a piece needs to be re-doweled, re-glued, or re-screwed, it’s no problem. We can replace veneers, remanufacture pieces such as broken arms or legs, or even replace pieces that are beyond repair, missing or lost. We have years of experience in replacement hardwoods. We hand mix stains, custom colors, and glazes.
- Touch-up on all finishes before leaving shop
- Hand mixed stains to ensure near-perfect matching
- High performance lacquers
- Finishes that resist heat, cold, and moisture
- Extra protection for durability on commercial pieces
To learn more about the finishes we use, take a look at our document on Choosing a Finish.